On Tuesday, May 8th, 2018 voters in Cheboygan Area School District will be asked to renew and restore the non-homestead operating millage. 100% principal dwellings will not be affected.
5 Things You Need to Know:
- Provides approximately $5,557,174 of the $17,000,000 district budget.
- 100% exemption for principal homeowners.
- Maintains the District's current program and services including instructional supplies, staff, transportation, etc.
- Renews the non-homestead property tax that has been in effect for the past 24 years for another 5 years.
- Currently 17.928 mills ($17.928 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) are collected. The rate varies based on property values. This proposal would allow for an increase of up to .5 mills ($0.50 on each $1,000 of taxable valuation) with the total amount collected to be capped at 18 mills.