Stakeholder feedback will be an important part of the planning process. Community members, parents, students, teachers, and all district staff members will have the opportunity to give input on the strengths of the district, opportunities for improvement, barriers for implementation, and their vision for the district. Stakeholder input, along with essential district data, provides the basis for the district to choose approximately five priority goals to be implemented over the next three to five years. All voices need to be heard in this process.
Some benefits of the strategic planning process:
- Provides integrated, important input from community and staff
- Presents a succinct and graphical picture of the district’s current status
- Sets focused strategic goals that identify target areas to improve student achievement
- Clearly delineates the role of the Board of Education and the superintendent/staff in strategic planning
- Uses data to set goals and make important decisions
- Helps identify areas to allocate increasingly scarce resources
- Aligns Board priorities with school improvement processes
Follow Up Meetings for Community Members and CAS Staff
Please join us in the Intermediate/Middle School cafeteria on Monday, October 2, 2023, if you would like to be a part of the Cheboygan Area Schools Strategic Planning process. The meeting will begin at 5:30 p.m., with doors opening at 5:00 p.m.
If you are unable to attend the Monday meeting there will be a second meeting on Tuesday, October 3, 2023, in the IS/MS Cafeteria at 6 p.m.