Students and families have signed up for specific times on either Friday, June 26th or Sunday, June 28th to walk across the stage and receive their high school diploma. Time slots are set up to have the awarding of diplomas to students individually. Family and friends of their graduate can attend to watch, video, or take pictures of the graduates.
Families and friends are asked to come to the girls’ locker room entrance (Door # C2) where they will be met and directed to wait (on deck) until their graduate and family’s turn to walk. Families are now allowed to bring more family members or friends to their individual ceremony. (The Governor’s order now states that we can have 50 individuals indoors at this time. We will have about 15 staff members present at graduation, so families can bring more guests as long as we social distance and do not exceed 50 with staff and family.
Each graduate’s name will be announced and they will walk across the stage to receive their diploma from a member of the board of education like it would have been with our traditional ceremony.
Before each graduate leaves the stage they will stop at a staged picture area where they will turn their tassel from the right to the left side designating that they are now alumni! Parents can take pictures of their graduate holding their diploma.
Families may then come to the stage and take pictures with their graduate. We have an awesome backdrop that was designed and illustrated by senior Alyssa Wilcome and Mr. McNeil.
From the gymnasium, the graduate, family and friends head to the cafeteria where there will be a photo shoot at the logo in the cafeteria. The school is purchasing one 5x7 picture for each graduate to commemorate this cherished memory taken by a professional photographer. As graduates move from the gym to the cafeteria, they can pick up any items or certificates that they have not yet received. Graduates will also be asked to sign a banner that class officers can bring to future class reunions.
After families have taken pictures in the cafeteria, they will exit the cafeteria and enter the auditorium courtyard area where graduates, families and friends can take pictures in one of the many picture areas.
- Graduates can now bring more family and friends to attend their awarding of diplomas. Families and friends must not total more than 35 individuals so that with staff present we will be under the guidelines of having not more than 50 individuals in one area at a time.
- Graduates are to wear their caps and gowns
- Graduates, families and staff must follow social distancing rules at all times. Masks are encouraged with the exception of graduate and/or family pictures. Families can take pictures with masks if that is their wish.
- In the event of rain, we will line up using the Welding Entrance, Door # C6
- A Senior video is being produced and will be shared when completed on our website
#2020 Proud #GoChiefs